Frontier Basement Systems offers quality Radon mitigation in Tennessee and Kentucky. If your home has been tested positive for Radon, we can provide you with great Radon mitigation systems which can bring your home's Radon levels down to an acceptable level.
If it has been determined that your home has high levels of Radon, Frontier Basement Systems can provide you with an effective Radon removal system at affordable prices. Our Radon mitigation systems feature the following:
- Premium Sump Cover
- Fan Moisture Guard
- Interior Aesthetic Package
- Exterior Aesthetic Package
- Noise Reducing Insulation
- Crawlspace Encapsulation
We also offer follow-up Radon testing to ensure that your home is safe and sound.
What is Radon?
Radon comes from the natural (radioactive) breakdown of uranium in soil, rock, and water. You can't see, smell, or taste Radon, but it may be in the air you breathe. Radon can be found all over the U.S.
Radon exposure in the home is responsible for an estimated 20,000 lung cancer deaths each year. In fact, the Surgeon General has warned that Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the U.S. today. Only smoking causes more lung cancer deaths. If you smoke and your home has high Radon levels, your risk of lung cancer is especially high.
EPA Radon Facts
The following are some EPA Radon facts:
- Every 1pCi/L of Radon exposure is equivalent to smoking 2.5 cigarettes per day.
- Radon is the 2nd leading cause of lung cancer deaths in the U.S. each year.
- Homes with dirt crawl spaces are at high risk for Radon issues.
- There is no safe level of Radon exposure, but the EPA suggests taking action if the level in your home reaches 4 pCi/L or higher
Please feel free to contact us for more information about our Radon mitigation systems! We'll be happy to help you.